25 Inspirational and Insightful Quotes for Living Well in Spite of a Mental Health Diagnosis
One of my favorite things to do is to collect inspirational sayings that resonate with me. I find short inspirational quotes to be simple ways to remember important truths in learning and remembering how to live well in spite of having a mental health diagnosis.
So, I thought I would share with you some new quotes that I have found to be helpful:
- “To get somewhere new, you must first decide that you are tired of being where you are.” Unknown
- “You can’t change someone who doesn’t see an issue with his or her actions.” Unknown
- “A moment of patience in a moment of anger saves you a hundred moments of regret.” Unknown
- Talking about our problems is our greatest addiction. Break the habit. Talk about your joys. Rita Schiano
- “Rock bottom became the solid foundation on which I rebuilt my life.” J.K. Rowling
- “Busy is a drug that a lot of people are addicted to in their lives.” Unknown
- “Humility is not thinking less of yourself but thinking of yourself less.” Unknown
- “What defines is not our past. Rather, how well we rise after falling.” Unknown
- “I am no longer accepting the things I cannot change: I am changing the things I cannot accept.” Unknown
- “Two things prevent us from happiness; living in the past and observing others.” Unknown
- “Your past does not determine who you are. Your past prepares you for who you are to become.” Unknown
- “I am not what happened to me. I am what I choose to become.” Unknown
- “Never trust your tongue when your heart is bitter.” Unknown
- “Failure isn’t final unless you quit.” Unknown
- “Just because the past didn’t turn out like you wanted it to or expected it to, doesn’t mean your future can’t be better than you ever imagined.” Unknown
- “Let’s stop believing that our differences make us superior or inferior to one another.” Unknown
- “Sometimes the bad things that happen in our lives put us directly on the path to the best things that will ever happen to us.” Unknown
- “I refuse to please others at the expense of my emotional well-being. Even if it means saying no to people who are used to hearing yes.”
- “Faith is the art of holding on to things in spite of your changing moods and circumstances.” C.S. Lewis
- “You don’t protect your heart by acting like you don’t have one.” Unknown
- “You will never reach your destination if you stop and throw stones at every dog that barks.” Winston Churchill
- “Success is not final, failure is not fatal; it is the courage to continue that counts.” Winston Churchill
- “Success is going from failure to failure without losing enthusiasm.” Winston Churchill
- “Be sure to taste your words before you spit them out.” Unknown
- “No one can go back and make a brand new start. However, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending.” Unknown
Do any of these quotes speak to you? If so, why? Do you have any favorite inspirational quotes that have been helpful to you in learning how to live well in spite of a mental health diagnosis?
Fresh Hope is a faith-based non-profit that empowers people to live well in spite of their mental health challenge.
YOUR gift will provide a person with God’s Fresh HOPE for daily living. Click here to donate, today.